Thursday 24 November 2011

Shopping and GPS

Natalie and I ventured out of the house this morning around 11 am. Very difficult to get going ANYWHERE with two children. Before we left the driveway, we prayed for the day and that we would have a good day of shopping. Where did we go? To Chapters for a couple of hours, where we were able to buy many gifts. I spent quite a bit of time in their toy department and a very helpful manager helped me find quality educational toys for five of our six grandchildren. It was so unusual in this day and age of help-yourself consumerism, to actually have someone take an interest in my 'ol' woman in a shoe' life. I could have pulled out my hair trying to find gifts for six kids under six. Kudos to the staff at Chapters Toys in Fredericton!

Natalie and I left Chapters much poorer, but richer for the shopping experience. So we headed down the hill to my beloved downtown, and ate lunch at the new Cedar Lunch on Queen Street, where we 'fared' on lentil soup, salad and falafels, and green tea in a beautiful glass carafe type container. Then home to relieve Aunt Becky of her duties. Thanks, B., for being a grandmother aunt today.

Tomorrow afternoon, Granny comes to be great-grandmother to Sarah and Aiden, so we can hit the Black Friday sales again. Look out Freddybeach -- Wilma and Betty are loose again!

1 comment:

ADM said...

"Charge it!!" :)