Tuesday 23 August 2011

Birthday #52

B 52 -- yes, it wasn't like I planned. This is what I PLANNED to do on birthday #52:
1. Walk across the Saint John River (not on the water, just on the bridge)
2. Kayak across the river
3. Bike across the river

Alas, my back went out yesterday, so nix the athletic activities. Instead, a great day anyway:

Doris picked me up near 11 am, after I got straightened up and muscle relaxants in me. Blue Canoe for food; tried to get into Costco, but alas they wouldn't let us in without a membership, and we weren't so sure about that yet; Michaels to look at crafts, Home Depot, shoe hunting, Chapters, Laura Secord chocolates, Quilt shop, Timothy's coffee, Superstore for chicken, Doris' for supper, walked over to Mom and Dad's where Mom had beautiful cupcakes waiting, and then coffee with Bill & Louise at Tim's.

Met many people throughout the day who thought I looked GREAT == which I took as a compliment and reassurance that, like the old commercial says, "You're not getting older, you're getting better." Remember that?

So, after having had a long conversation with Natalie (and Jonathan earlier), it is now time to go to bed. But will I sleep? Too much coffee, but I'll try.

I have now deemed it BIRTHDAY WEEK to celebrate B52, as the last few birthday celebrations have been minimal. I can't remember birthday 51, probably due to chemo brain. Birthday #50 was when we were in The Pas and Natalie fell down the stairs so I nursed her most of the day. So B52 it is! Thank you, God, for keeping this energizer bunny goin'.

Our hearts and prayers go out to the family of Jack Layton and as we mourn him as a person and leader of this great country of Canada, I thank God for you, Jack. May God rest you in His peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you are a flexible person. :) Seems like your plans never quite work out. But sounds like a lovely day! And a birthday week sounds like a good idea.
52, you are still young. :)

Krista