Tuesday 23 October 2012

Boston

We just got back from the Boston area -- Danvers, Middleton and Ipswich, MASS to be exact. A Congregational Womens' Retreat held at a convent for retired nuns, a beautiful place in a seaside town by the Atlantic. Our traveling band (Doug, Deb, Cheryl and Max) arrived at Lisa's house in Danvers on Thursday night and were treated like royalty, then traveled on to Ipswich on Friday night. Each of us had a private room (what a treat), and we joined the women of Middleton Congregational Church for the next 24 hours. And what a 24 hours it was. I was speaking on The Joy of Encouragement, and they truly encouraged us. Funny how that works -- you go to encourage others and end up being encouraged yourself. There's a verse like that -- 'he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.' I shared for the first time from my blog with the ladies -- I shed a few tears and I saw a few tears in the crowd as well. Nurse Cherry cried quite a bit, as I read the memories of a hard time we all shared together. Thank you, women of Massachusetts, for your kindness to us. We are looking forward to our next trip south next spring, God willing.

No comments: