Wednesday 10 October 2012

My life is so varied that I can't even believe it some days.

 Like this week: coming back from Coldstream (wherever that is), where we had the 5th annual Thanksgiving Family weekend, joining up with R & S who were using our house for the weekend, preaching at a local church where I'm serving as the 'interim pastor', to radio shows and software, studying Genesis, and teaching music, counseling and walking with friends, business oppportunities, childrens' book publishing calls, meetings with the elders to brainstorm 'fun' nights, to sitting with my father watching "Parenthood" on TV (which was dealing with breast cancer tonight), to talking to a friend about her friend that was just diagnosed with breast cancer.

 And then I sat down at the computer to blog and saw this email:

 "Hi Deb, Just a note to let you know you are of the hook for singing at the Sea Dogs Game this month, they found someone else, their loss. Thank you for offering, L."

 This makes me laugh, because I could just see me singing "O Canada" at centre ice at the Sea Dogs game in Saint John. Maybe next year.

Is my life full of variety?  I think so!   One minute I'm laughing and the next I feel like crying for someone....

 "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Deb...I wish I could give thanks in all circumstances. I'm trying, I really am...