Friday 4 January 2013

The Holiday Bubble

Yes, I've been in the holiday bubble.  Don't know what day it is.  Don't know what I do for a living.  Get up late, go to bed late, eat basically whatever I want (within reason) of course, go shopping (unusual), drive my 4 wheel-drive up and down the road with Brenda, laughing all the way.  Take Dad shopping, paint cupboards, play with grandchildren, play countless games of Bohnanza, Scrabble, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, eat, eat and more eating.  Enjoying family.  Missing that part of our family that lives out west.  Wish I had a ticket to ride to go there right now.

Tomorrow morning we are traveling to Saint John to take the Southshore Sister to the boat so she can cross over to Digby and go home to Shelburne.  We sure have enjoyed her visit here at Heartland.  Sisters -- we love being together.  Just like I love being together with my daughter and husband and kids.  Daughter, come home!  And I love being together with our son and wife and grandkids!   And my beloved husband, who is now retired -- NOT.   Well, he is retired from his regular job, but now is this unusual consultant of sorts, available for hire for all sorts of weird and wonderful tasks.

Brenda, stop working and get ready for bed!  We played two games of Scrabble tonight with Granny-- Brenda won the first, and Granny the second.  And Jed kept wondering what we were doing.   Oh, the joy of living life.

Must go back to work soon.  I need to burst out of this bubble....you'd think I was retired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas holiday. :)

Krista