Saturday 6 April 2013

Some days, I have the most interesting of experiences.  It started Friday morning, where a wild and wonderful group of women showed up at the house.  We dissected Genesis 10.  Yes, Genesis 10.  A genealogy of sorts.  To get excited about a genealogy, like I do, is a rare thing, I think.  I don't really think they shared my passion, and told me that their heads were swimming.  Sort of like when you try to explain that your brother's second cousin once removed on your maternal aunt's side, or something like that.

After this strange study, I hopped in the XTerra (since Doug stole my Honda for his daily trips to Woodstock), and met Carolyn (a.k.a. Jackie Kennedy Onassis) down in Lower St. Mary's.  I followed her car to Maquapit Lake, where we encountered another bunch of women in spring hats (although one woman donned a bunny hat).  Jackie Kennedy Onassis appeared for a few minutes and had several accents while speaking.  I touted the health benefits of tea, and the various types of tea, going on and on like Forest Gump and his discourse on shrimp.  After some tea type games, prizes, a tea sniffing competition to see if these hat-clod women could guess what was in the tea, I made tea with Alberta, the hostess.   Coconut Calypso white tea, Toffee Crunch rooibos (my fav), Earl Grey de la Creme (Nat's fav), Mint Julep, and Hot Yoga (a wellness tea, another fav of mine).  The women brought their tea cups and sampled the teas, deciding which was their favorite. After some snacks and Carolyn making tea sales, the party was over. A great time was had by all.  Yes, sometimes I am in the tea business -- me and Carolyn, a.k.a. Jackie.

I headed home to meet Doug -- we had planned a dinner date. But alas, due to the national ringette championship in town, we could find no place to rest ourselves other than at the old standard restaurant, Frank's Finer Diner.  Only to come home at night planning to watch The Bible, and fall asleep in the chair early.  To bed only to get up and write a sermon until 1:30.  What a day.

Today we head for Saint John to celebrate with Cheryl -- she is 50.  Let all the bells ring out.  My life is certainly full.  Love life, enjoy life, enjoy others.  Celebrate!

No comments: