Wednesday 29 May 2013

This is my last week of teaching music until September.  I usually have a music night in June to let the students highlight their talent, but I decided to change course and have a winter show.  The BIG SHEW, like Ed Sullivan used to say -- WINTERLUDE perhaps, a variety show to boost my students' spirits, and the parents and friends who attend.  But it does seem very strange not to having an end of season show, I must say.

I love the kids and their hugs and cards and gifts of appreciation.  They are great encouragers to me, just as I hope I am to them.  I keep saying that it takes a village to raise a child.  This past year, I've been involved in their lives and emotions.  This past month has seen a few tears as well, as they feel the pressure of their busy little lives and school work.  A few tissues have been used in Mrs. Mac's li'l ol' music school.

Next week I will be in my summer mode, and it will be completely different from last year.  I'll keep you tuned in to the next chapter.

No comments: