Friday 6 July 2007

Poet's corner.

Heart’s Cry

Father, how do I get to that place
Where You are all I desire?
Where You are my life’s breath
Where I feel Your breath?
That place that is a sanctuary,
A refuge – where it is you and me
Even when there is life to live
And much to give.

I want what David had
He said, “ my soul thirsts for you,
My whole body longs for you.”
He said, “God, if you are silent
I might as well give up and die.”

I want what Moses had – friendship with You.
You spoke to Moses ‘face to face, as a man
speaks to his friend.’
Moses said, “God, if you are not with me,
Then I’m not moving one step.”

I want what Job had.
When he was striped of everything
He could still say, “You give and take away,
Blessed be the name of the Lord.”
I want to be able to worship you
When all is stripped away.

I want what Peter and John had.
A relationship that stood the test of time.
A passion for You Father,
that they would die for it.
I can’t even die to self most of the time –
Would I die for You?

Paul said, “Nothing compares to knowing You”
Nothing.
Father, You said that You are all we need.
If we have You we have enough.
Then why do I strive for anything else?
Why do I look for happiness or satisfaction elsewhere?
Why am I not seeking you with every ounce of my being?

You say, “draw close to Me and I will draw close to you.”
You say, “If I search for You with all my heart and soul,
I will find You.’
You say that You are a ‘rewarder of those who diligently seek You’,
And that You never ‘abandon anyone who searches for you.’
Help me find that hidden treasure.

Make it real Father – make my faith real.
Give me a taste of Your Glory
So I will go after more.
Give me a passion for Your presence,
A place where I can live 24/7;
And nothing, absolutely nothing,
Can take that from me.
No circumstance, no trial, no depression,
No unfairness, no situation the enemy throws my way –
Will take me out of Your presence.

And there I will live, move and have my being.
Breathe on me breath of God
Until my heart beats with yours.
I love you Father
I love you Jesus, My Beloved
.


- Q

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Q -- beautiful poem. Keep writing....deb