Monday 10 October 2011

Family Thanksgiving Weekend









A brief synopsis of the weekend from my cousin Wayne, the Funeral Director:

What a weekend with our family and my dad's sisters family and so much to be thankful for. Friday night music at my brothers, Saturday morning hike on the Meduxnekeag Trail, picnic in Connell Park, afternoon crokinole tournament (Stephen and I won) outside in the shade, yard games for the kids, 28 for Saturday Thanksgiving supper at Mom and Dad's, 45 minute game of speed monopoly (the brain child of Jonathan - I won) followed by 4 games of capture the flag after dark settled in (ended in a tie with two games each), Sunday morning at Jacksonville Baptist Church to hear our son, Stephen, speak, big BBQ after church, more games and relaxing outside enjoying in the 78 degree weather. Wow! So thankful to God for all He has blessed us with.

Well said, Cuz....It TRULY was an amazing weekend in Coldstream (wherever that is). However, not quite complete without the Southshore Sister and her family, and Natalie and family. Perhaps next year, girls? And missing the Angie Murphy family as well...LOL

And a trip to our favorite place in the farm house -- the attic, where Helen decided to vacuum flies, and Dr. Quinn Medicine Wonman took several pictures of the beautiful stained glass window (thus my silhouette), and looking at Wayne's plasticine creations [which is why I say he became a funeral director; he was good at playing with clay while young]...And later on last evening, a few games of billiards, a campfire at the Pirate's, and playing guitar with the Pirate til late in the night. Boo hoo, had to come home today!

Aunt Helen and I had some tears last evening, as I thanked her for allowing us to come and descend upon the house for the weekend. It means so much to me personally to come to the place of childhood memories, and I cherish the time with our extended family. You know, when your life has been threatened with a life-threatening disease, you really do value everything in your life. God bless!

PS: If you are on facebook, check out my home page for more pics and a video of us playing crokinole outside.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy yet so sad to see all the lovely pics!! Really missed being with you all this weekend, but so glad that the weekend was so beautiful!!
love, S.S. Sis

ADM said...

Ah, shoot! We missed it! After a personal invitation from Wayne too. Next year!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! I had a wonderful family full weekend as well, today included! I'm so thankful for all of them, I am blessed.

Krista