Wednesday 14 December 2011

Rest?

You know what I have found? It is rather difficult to rest. I'm trying. Put the fire on in the office in the morning, sit there, get out my journal, Bible, etc. Then the phone rings. You know how it is. Or I need to deal with something. Like go buy a present for someone. It is the season to be jolly and buy presents, and am I running out of time? Yes. Bit by bit I'll eat the gift-buying elephant.

I have discovered this, though -- that we can rest doing all sorts of activities -- it's really our state of mind, isn't it?

Doug and I have been enjoying the time together the past couple of evenings. We watch a video and talk about it. Take a walk, a ride, watch a Christmas movie. And he has been sending me a daily email of a powerpoint presentation he has been making for me, called "The Twelve Days Before Christmas,", a love letter of sorts - one slide per day. Very unique and very touching to me. My beloved husband.

I just came home to make the supper meal and there he was at the stove, making the meal. Where did my husband go? Is this the new and improved model? I like it, whatever is going on...


Tis the season to have a new husband....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, that is soo sweet! Good job Doug. :)

Krista