Tuesday 13 December 2011

A Season of Rest

I'm in a season of rest. Yes, believe it or not. I have deemed December a season of rest. Seasons greetings to me -- take a rest, Deb. You might be a bit weary. Yes, thank you, I believe I am a bit weary. Going like the wind since Labour Day and now I need to rest from all that labour.

I don't like to admit that I'm tired, but I guess it's OK every once in awhile. That way, one can accept it and get 'involved' in that rest, step into it so to speak and enjoy it. I give myself permission to rest.

After Natalie and the kids left, I realized this to be true. After you slow down a bit, you understand you might be tired. Know what I mean? Enjoying life, however -- just doing whatever....and seeking God in the midst of it -- reading, praying, meditating, enjoying the SEASON of Advent. Enjoying this beautiful city we live in. Enjoying my tree that has been up for two weeks, thanks to Natalie. Enjoying the fact that my shopping is almost done. Enjoying the fact that I can just BE. What a place to BE.

I know! I will just "BE...in this place." LOL


deb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could do that...

Krista

Unknown said...

Do it!