Monday 5 November 2012

The MacDonald kids were down on the weekend -- Jonathan, Afton, Jack, Ivy and Croy.  Friday and Saturday.  Saturday morning they went to Pete's to make apple cider in Pete's makeshift operation.  Jon cut the apples, Jack operated the garburetor, and Afton and Ivy helped J make apple pancakes before Pete extracted the apple juice.  I tried my hand at Jack's job for awhile, but got tired and went grocery shopping.  Those kids are little workers, got to give them that.  And the finished product -- YUM!  Croy wandered in and out of the little apple cider shop, not straying too far from Daddy.

I made the little tykes Kraft Dinner and tuna sandwiches.   Croy and Ivy went for a Saturday afternoon nap.  Jack wanted to make cookies, so we set up the 100 year old table as an island in the kitchen, and he gathered his ingredients, checked his recipe off with a pencil and whipped up a batch of amazing oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with the on-looking eye of Gram Deb.  He was pretty proud.  Six year old baker.  He even decided he wanted to give Cuz C and W next door cookies, so he wrapped them up in a pretty napkin, tied with a red string and made a 'Tasty Treat' card with Afton & Ivy.  They traipsed across the lawn to make their presentation to Cuz C & W.  They were tickled pink, or maybe chocolate chip.

We went for a small walk through the forest with Granny.  Granny invited them in to have a watercolour class.  Afton, Ivy and Jack all painted with watercolours and created beautiful paintings.  Croy ate a cookie.  After that, Jack made an airplane out of a chip box.  Jon and Afton created a new code language and tried to talk to each other with it.  I made gluten-free brownies and worked on supper.  Croy walked in and out of the house, playing with Ivy who was playing with Russian babushkas I call them (little dolls inside of dolls, you know what I mean).  The house was quite a mixed up affair.  Doug was working out in the field washing out bins and things.  I never really know what he is doing out there in his 'man cave.'

After chili and baked potatoes for supper, they decided to get ready to go.  Doug and I went to a games night at the church, which was a great success and lots of fun, even for Doug, who doesn't like games.

Sunday was church -- leading worship and preaching on 'Encouragement Under Fire."  I was so full of energy when I came home from the after-church luncheon, that I ran like Forest Gump through the forest.  Then I crashed in the Laz-y Boy for the rest of the day.  I wonder why?

I think God said to Moses:  "Your strength will equal your days."  Yes, indeed.

No comments: