Thursday 8 November 2012


Today I received a call from the doctor's office -- to call them back.  "Oh, No,"  I thought.  Not again.  It is now four years since I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Your first thought is always to panic.  "Don't panic," relax.  I sat and talked with a friend about what happened earlier this morning and tried to keep my mind off the call and what I would find out.  It was the same week four years ago that I found out I had cancer.

I went up to the laundry room to put the wash in the dryer.  I felt like getting on the floor and praying in front of the dryer, but made it to my office -- flat on my face, in front of the Lord -- "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want."  "I have been healed."  "Lord, let me have peace."

The phone rang.  I looked at the number.  It was my friend at the doctor's office -- "Deb, we got your report back -- it was NEGATIVE -- that's good.  We'll see you in one year."   I started to cry -- 'Oh, Ruth, you don't know how that makes me feel; I was just praying on the floor."   "Yes, we knew you would be worried, so we called."  "Thank you, thank you!" I cried through the tears.

I rushed downstairs where Nurse Cherry was busy typing -- she could hear me crying -- "Are you OK?"  She knew I was waiting for the call.    "YES!" I exclaimed, as the tears poured down my face.  "YES!"  She embraced me and we rejoiced.

REJOICE WITH ME....

My yearly mammogram is on November 30th -- it too, will be a GOOD REPORT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Deb, I'm so glad! *hug*