Thursday 22 November 2012

Wild Women of the West

Wednesday, I had a flying trip to Woodstock to speak to a bunch of wild young women of child-raising age.  Yes, the "Women of Worth' women at the Jacksonville Baptist Church.  It was so much fun, then a flying trip back home via the Grafton road, which Granny says is the "Bull Road," and I'm glad I never saw any bulls, nor did I do any bull riding.

After a quick lunch, an onslaught of cute little students -- "Half note is two beats, half note is two beats," I repeated over and over, which is what I say more than anything.

This morning was a meeting at the church with some more wonderful women and one man.  More teaching today, after making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in my new Christmas present -- a Kitchen Aid mixer.  I love it!   Thanks to my special family 'friend' who gave it to me and allowed me to use it early.

Tonight I didn't think anyone would show up for the Gathering.  I always think this, and then the house is full.  It was a great time together -- so many exciting things are happening in everyone's lives.  Right now, as I type, Mallory is doing the dishes and three people are sitting at the kitchen table composing and typing a letter.  This truly is the strangest house, but I'm glad everyone feels at home who comes here to Heartland Fredericton.

Hopefully bedtime will come soon.  Or will it be studying late into the night, preparing for tomorrow morning's onslaught of another crazy bunch of women?

1 comment:

ADM said...

Deb, I love my Kitchen Aid Mixer- she's red and her name is Marilyn. :) True story! What color is yours? I bet you'll give her a great name, if you haven't already. xox Angie