Monday 16 August 2010

Two Islands and a Wedding

Hi -- we arrived on Campobello Island on Saturday evening after an EVENTFUL trip -- Truck/RV broke down on the way out of Fredericton. Delayed for 4 1/2 hours -- spent them in a truck repair yard in Fredericton. Went to Wendy's to get some food while waiting for the repair man, and Aiden decided to upchuck his meal all over himself, Natalie and the hallway. Spent 4 1/2 hours trying to keep him happy and ourselves happy. Dancing in field as we listened to a rock band practice, Nat did pedicures on me and herself, a trip to Blue Canoe for gas and snacks, Veggie Tales, and finally arrived in Black's Harbour at 12:15 early Saturday morning. Up early to catch boat to Grand Manan for Casey's wedding. I had white pants on and sat ON a chocolate chip muffin that Aiden stole from some lady on the ferry, and spent a long time in the bathroom with diaper wipes trying to take out the chocolate which covered my 'bum.' Doug called me 'muffin bum.' Thankfully, I got most of the stains out and my pants dried just before the wedding.

Back across the ferry on Saturday afternoon, and to the Milltown border crossing, where we were held up again, as they didn't believe Doug was driving an RV and they decided to search it (I think they just wanted a 'tour'). Anyhow, we are now here, and just finished the first day of Mothers' Camp. There are about 15 mothers and 25 kids (haven't taken a definite count yet, but there are 12 two-year-olds!). What a gong show, I call it, and to have Alicia and her kids here, and Natalie with Aiden, is a blast and Doug and I need to build a bigger house to house all the grandchildren here on the road.

A rainy day today -- hoping for better weather tomorrow. Cheryl and Rhonda are here. Rhonda brought her two grandchildren. Doris is due to come tomorrow. Must go to bed in this crowded RV. Alicia and kids are outside in their new Eurovan and tent, and Cheryl and Rhonda are tenting beside us as well. The campground has exploded. Doug is working on a new campers' cabin they are building. And I am trying to build women.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Say hello to my momma for me! Tell her I got the extension on my correspondence course (YEEHAW!) and that I am super pumped for our girl's day on Grand Manan.

Praying for you ladies this week! Have fun with all those 2 year olds! :)

Anonymous said...

You can never say that your life is dull!!!!

Miss you all,

S.S. Sis

Anonymous said...

Today is the last day of Mother's Camp here on beautiful Campobello Island. We have had a wonderful week of fellowship and faith. We had lots of Ladies attend this year (this may have been the biggest year). Princess Deb is back and better than ever.
Love you Deb.
"Victoria" "Gabrielle" Brookelyn & "Winston Churchill"