Thursday 26 August 2010

Today was a good day for doing housework and cooking. I cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed the upstairs, rearranged and cleaned cupboards, got groceries, made a fabulous supper complete with chocolate zucchini cake (zucchini from my garden). Natalie made peach jam before supper. My feet and legs were aching, so Natalie served up a spa treatment for us (including Becky, who is a regular here every night). Tonight we adopted Becky formally and had a special dance ceremony to adopt her as our daughter. It was really quite funny. Sorry, Reg & Lin -- we seriously think she's our child sometimes -- she is strange, like us. Thanks for having her.

Tomorrow we hope to make tomato salsa and perhaps I'll whip up some other edibles. I'm in the mood for cooking.

I will be having surgery on my right wrist on Sept 7th. It will be none too soon, as my arm is definitely not working right and paining like crazy. The plastic surgeon (yet ANOTHER doctor) tells me it will be 4-6 weeks before I can do anything, but he is not factoring in the God-factor.

The Southshore sister is up in northern New Brunswick with her family, and we hope to RV with them this weekend. It's been strange being here at home this week. Since we miss being in the RV, Doug and I have been sleeping in it a bit. Our yard is like a pine tree campground anyway. I don't know why we spend time traveling around the countryside when we have everything we need right here. Nomads, I guess.

Natalie and Aiden go back to Manitoba on September 8th, so we need to squeeze as much out of the next few days as possible.

Seize the day! Carpe diem!

No comments: