Monday 18 April 2011

Had a great weekend in Halifax. Yes, Halifax. I led worship at the Atlantic Conference of Congregational Churches on Friday night and Saturday. A great time was had by all. Stayed at John & Laurie Hopkins' home out in Porters Lake. What a sweet l'il place they have. Great food, great conversation, great music. Even had a 'soul cafe live' on Saturday night, when John started with the tunes on the guitar and I tried the mandolin and the egg shaker. Then we switched. He can play the mandolin much better than I can!

Sunday morning found us at their church in Bedford, where I met a woman who listens to my show on channel 879 Aliant. Hard to believe I would find someone way down their listening to me way up here. She, too, is a breast cancer survivor, so we had a little chat. After church, we went to Cora's and were treated to a nice lunch by John and Laurie. We're already looking forward to our next trip to their home, to help put a new roof on their place.

Today, after a fitful sleep, I decided to get up early, do a few back exercises, breakfast, devotional, radio show, and then off I went in search of a new mattress. I've been planning on doing this for two years, and was actually going to buy a new mattress the morning that Doug came home and told me I had cancer. Today was the day, and I bought one of those sheep mattresses. You know, the Serta ones with the sheep spokesperson. And since I like sheep, and Natalie likes sheep, why not. Except it won't be here for three weeks. Perhaps they have to shear the sheep to make it, I don't know. If it doesn't fix my back problem and sleep problem, I'll give it to Doug and try another one.

Went to the gym today and Dennis really put me through a lower body workout, I'll tell you. Is it still there? Do I still have legs? Oh, yes, I see them. Tomorrow at 0800 I'm back at it again. It feels SO good to work out, let me tell you.

Now I must go work out my jaws as I eat supper, then teach for the evening. Good to be back home for a couple of days, and then we're off to Shelburne, passing through Halifax for the second time in two weeks!

No comments: