Thursday 14 April 2011

What Goes Around Comes Around

I was thinking today of November 2008, when I got the diagnosis that cancer was in my lymph nodes and that I would need chemo and radiation, and how I was out walking in the cold and the wind absorbing the news. And my mother came along in her car and I crawled inside the car and put my head on her lap. And how she stroked my head and said, "we'll get through it." And how we did get through it. And how NOW I'm saying the same thing to her: "We'll get through it," with Dad's recent diagnosis of Alzheimer's. Another chapter of our life. Not one we want to read, but it's part of the book nonetheless. And we WILL get through it, as you help us with your prayers.

So much to pray for nowadays. It seems that EVERY day I receive an email that someone else has cancer. But, you know what? With God nothing is impossible. Even Alzheimer's is not too hard for our God.

No comments: