Friday 1 April 2011

Feed a Fever and Starve a Cold

Is that the saying? You know how 'they' say to drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest? I haven't tried that yet. Thought perhaps a long drive in the country might be a better solution. OK, now I have laryngitis, so I guess perhaps I should have rested more today. Oh, Deborah, you are your own worst enemy sometimes! Oh well, just trying to seize every day. To me, a cold is NOTHING compared to when you've been through cancer. So it was just another day. And now it's after midnight. Had to watch who got voted off American Idol before going to bed.

Perhaps I'll stay put tomorrow and recover my voice, although perhaps people are excited that I can't talk right now (smile). I need it to sing on Sunday, however, or I'll have to lip sync.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb, you live quite the life, but remember even Jesus rested! You need to as well sometimes. If you don't let yourself rest and heal it will just get worse.

Love you,
Krista

Laureen said...

I've done a poll in the salon and the majority think the phrase is "feed a cold, starve a fever"....maybe that's been your problem Deb, you had it backwards. Trust you are on the mend regardless.