Wednesday 8 June 2011

This Week So Far

Is it really Wednesday? This morning at the gym, my trainer asked me what day it was. "Monday," I replied. "No, Deb, it's Wednesday." Oh. Too much happening in the last few days that I've lost track of the days.

Monday night was the BIG SHEW -- a finale concert for the year of my dear students. About 100 people attended, and my students performed amazingly! Variety show it 'twas. Ended it with "Today I'm Gonna Try and Change the World" -- me and Sarah MacLoon, a 10-year-old student. I hope I make a difference in these student's lives.

On Tuesday I was so many places that I couldn't believe it was the same day at day's end. Here's a list of the day's activities:
1. Drove Doug to work at 6:20 am
2. Prepared a talk for Greenhill Lake Camp
3. Drove 35 minutes to Greenhill Lake Camp
4. Spoke to the seniors at Seniors Day about laughter
5. Waited on tables, serving dinner to seniors
6. Drove 35 minutes home
7. Went to Superstore -- met a friend. She invited me to tea on her deck
8. Drove home and planted some flowers, put groceries away
9. Drove back to Fulton Heights to have tea on deck with friend
10. Drove over town to get Doug from work (this having one car -- honestly! Natalie -- come off that PEI Island soon!)
11. Drove back to Fulton Heights to have Doug look at friend's bathroom ceiling that needs painting
12. Drove Doug home
13. Drove back to Fulton Heights to give Grace a piano exam at her house
14. Drove back home to give Jared a piano lesson
15. Went for a bike ride down to Main Street and back
16. Had a shower and watched TV
17. Went to bed

TODAY, Wednesday -- I biked to the gym at 7ish and worked out til 9 am. Biked home. Radio show. D picked me up and we went to Currie's for flowers. Home to plant my beautiful flower garden. Lunch. A semi-nap on the verandah (I wonder why???). Worked on accounting, then database for the radio station. Made Doug chicken/bacon/ranch salad. To grocery store with Doug. To Granny & Jed's. Home now and awaiting bed again.

I think I need a vacation, don't you? Soon....this is the start of my vacation of sorts. == TODAY. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness Deb, you do need a vacation!

REST! :)

Love,
Krista