Wednesday 5 December 2012

What a varied day!  A wacky Wednesday, I should deem it.  Wrapping presents to send off to The Pas, Manitoba for Nat and the kids.  Do I sit on the floor to wrap them, sit at the table or what?  So uncomfortable.   Finally got the box packed and fought with the packing tape, then a flight off to Lawton's to the post office.  Prayed for favour on the price -- $24.00 for the box.  Not bad, considering.     Back home to conjure up a tomato onion avocado sandwich in the cast iron pan, and teach guitar, then piano.  Then a flying trip down to the Heights again to teach two piano lessons  -- traveling minstrel I am at times.  Back home again, jiggety jig to teach more piano til six o'clock.  Then a flying trip down to the Heights again to teach piano and guitar to two young students, and experience a fantastic Simon & Patrick guitar.  Wanna sell it, Mr. Christie?  It's not like I don't have any guitars, but the sound is wonderful.

Dropped Doug off at M & L's so I could go teach and he could watch Master Chef prepare supper.  I joined them at 7 and we enjoyed salmon, carrots, potatoes, and a melange of shrimp, mango and mushrooms, etc.  Beautiful.  Then a nice decaf coffee and chocolate in the living room, all decked out in Christmas lights.  A lounge on the couch and a Christmas movie about a man who forms a Christmas choir of homeless men who perform in the subway.  Based on a true story -- a Canadian true story.  It was nice to just be and sit and recline on the couch and almost go to sleep.

Our life is way too busy right now.  Thanks, M & L for the nice evening of rest.

I want to sleep tonight, since I was up writing a shepherd sermon at 1:30 last night.  Christmas is a 'comin' and I haven't got anything MADE, BAKED or bought.  I need a personal shopper and a personal baker.  Any takers on being a maker or a baker?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be there if I could....but... It seems I have almost been living in Freddy lately... Lol. (non complaining voice!). Love, SS Sis

Unknown said...

Wish you lived closer, Sis