Thursday 20 November 2008

Every Day is a Gift

Every day is a gift. The fact that we open our eyes in the morning means that God has given us another day on this earth. A gift -- even this day is a gift -- today is the day we go to meet with the surgeon to get the plan of action. I will not be afraid; I seek the help of God and I can feel the prayers of people interceding on my behalf.

The enemy of cancer is attacking my physical body, and I am helpless to do anything about it on my own, apart from resting in God and in His peace. He will fight the battle for me. 2 Chron 20:15-17 says that the battle is not mine, but God's. That I do not need to fight this battle, but to stand firm, hold my position, and see the Lord fight it for me. I am NOT to be afraid or dismayed, but to face the enemy that has invaded my body. God is with me and will fight for me; for us -- our family and friends. Our faith is truly being built -- faith in a God who is able to do so much more than we can ask or imagine. We WILL stand firm and see the deliverance of the Lord on this day.

"Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, and the Lord will be with you....Believe in the Lord your God, and you will be established; believe his prophets, and you will succeed." 2 Chron 20:17,20

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking and praying about you a lot Deb. It's encouraging to read your blog.

Krista

The Sutherland's said...

Praying for His perfect peace. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Fitness Lady said...

Deb, this is my favorite scripture verse of all time. It has gotten me through many a battle and I am confident it will get you through yours as well. Love you so much.

Anonymous said...

So, true, every day, every moment a gift from God. This morning i watched the sun shine on the snow covered trees - i was fascinated by their beauty - like sparlking jewels. We take so much for granted. God is teaching me to be thankful for each and every moment, for small blessings even more than for large ones. Stop, listen, look, feel, breath deeply, enjoy - don't rush by and miss the beautiful blessings that only occur in a moment - God has placed them before you.