Sunday 30 November 2008

She's Recovering

Mom is continuing to recover from her surgery. She's having some pain and is getting tired of being in bed--it's a challenge for such an active woman to be resting all the time!

The extra mural nurse came today and removed the heavy dressing from the site, and this was hard for mom. She didn't want to look at the incision, and is a bit discouraged today. But she's trying to be positive and take it one day and one step at a time.

Let me tell you, Cheryl Pazia is a God-send. She came for the weekend on her days off from her nursing job to take care of mom, and ended up taking care of us all. Dad, myself, and my son Aiden are all sick with colds and Cheryl made us meals, watched over the baby, got up with mom in the middle of the night, and took complete care of mom since she came home from the hospital. Thank you so much Cheryl for your selfless care for our family. We will never forget your kindness to us.

Today we had many visitors--my brother Jon and his family, my aunt Janet and her daughter, Doris, my grandparents, as well as the wonderful people from mom and dad's church who are delivering meals for the next two weeks. Mom enjoyed seeing everyone, especially her beloved grandchildren, who bring her so much joy. But, of course, she's very tired after having a house full of active children for the day :)

Please pray that mom will be able to sleep peacefully tonight and that she'll have less pain tomorrow. My grandmother is going to come and help me clean the house, and I'm glad to have her help. Here's hoping that she brings me a jar of mustard pickles when she comes--YUM!

Here are some words from mom: "Thank you for praying, but don't stop. We want to have a good report from the doctor in two weeks. I hope to write something tomorrow."

God bless,
Natalie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I held my sister in my arms, trying to send her all of my positive energy, I felt her comfort me instead, as she has always done. I love both of my sisters so much, if I could bear her pain I would.

Praying for the best news she can get in two weeks time.

love you all
Janet

mrsmoosie04 said...

Deb, I'm so grateful to read that your surgery went well and that you are surrounded and supported by friends and family. I will keep praying that you receive a good report & that you continue to feel God's peace & presence as He carries you through this valley.

Anonymous said...

Deb, I love you, I love you, I love you.

I have a Christmas "Believe" song by Natalie Grant that has really spoken to me alot lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO1QUNnkoPE

In a land far away
Time stood still
Long ago
There were shepherds in fields
Or at least this is how
The story goes
The story goes
Woman withchild
And a man with no room
Born in a manger
For telling it too
This is how
The story goes
But it is more than a fable
And it’s more than a fairytale
And more than my mind can conceive

I believe
The Wiseman saw
The baby born the angels called the son of God Heaven’s child
The great I am
Born to take away my sins through nailed pierced hands
Emmanuel has come

I believe
Two thousand years
Still the story lives on
God’s gift to us Sent to earth Wrapped in flesh
His only son
His only son
And the heartbeat of heaven
Confounded our wisdom
But it’s still the simple truth
That sets me free

I believe
The Wiseman saw
The baby born that the angels called the son of God Heaven’s child
The great I am Born to take away my sins through nailed pierced hands
Emmanuel has come

And I believe
Precious child How can it be that God’s great plan
For his story Would send you to
The lonely tree
That you would come
For one like me

I believe In a cross
I believe he came For one, he came for all Heavens child became a plan
Gave his life for me In spite of all
I am
I believe
I believe
Oh I believe
Christmas lives in me
I believe

Love Dawn Marie