Monday 24 November 2008

Yes, I'd like to order a ....

This morning started out with me calling the surgeon's answering machine and ordering a mastectomy, believe it or not. Like ordering a pizza or something. No big deal -- how much do I owe you? Then the office called back and told me that my surgery had been moved up to this Friday, Nov. 28th -- my heart started to pound, as I realized the day was near at hand. My mind started racing -- "Oh, I've got so much to take care of!" I calmed down after about an hour -- I received God's peace. Without God I cannot go through this. With God, I can do anything. He is my strong tower, my shelter, my rock. All the Scripture I have meditated on for years is now coming to mind. "Hide the word in your heart" the Bible says. I understand why now.

We took off to do errands (Natalie & Aiden & I). Nat & I had a few laughs in the mall, and ate Laura Secord chocolates. When all else fails, eat chocolate. Another one of my "when all else fails" sayings. I even got my passport picture taken, as I have to go south next year; well at least as far as New York City for my 50th birthday celebration. After I celebrated my 49th birthday in August, I made a new motto for my 50th year, my year of Jubilee -- "Fit at 50." Soon after that declaration, I found out this news of cancer. Yet I still hold on to the same motto -- I WILL be fit at 50, and I will go to New York City this time next year to celebrate one year of being cancer-free. Anyone want to join my bus tour?

I was prayed for today by a good friend while doing one of my errands, in a downtown store -- how precious that was -- I was so blessed and felt so encouraged. I came home and found that my mother had prepared dinner for us. We feel so loved, and appreciate every email, every card, every phone call, every act of kindness.

One thing I'm wondering is if anyone out there knows the song "Believe" and who sings it? I believe it's a country song -- I'd like to get my hands on it. It was on a commercial during this summer's Olympics. I have a "Believe" sign in my window, and received a "Believe" angel the other day. You know what? I believe.
I believe I will come through this, and I believe in my God.

More tomorrow...... deb

2 comments:

The Sutherland's said...

I just googled it and this is what I came up with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xbyfto2F6w. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Anonymous said...

I believe! Psalm 103: 1 - 3 Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases........
Deb, we have faith but He is the one who is faithful. Love you

Rhonda