Tuesday 29 March 2011

Favourable Day

This morning I was sleeping soundly in my bed, trying to recover from my weekend cold when my hubby called me: "Can you go to my physio appointment for me? I thought it was tomorrow!" So I did -- threw on the hoodie and drove to Durham, where I had therapy on my back and bum knee (which went out last night for some reason while teaching piano -- go figure), and talked to my therapist about her problems while she was giving my back therapy. I left with a stained glass window hanging that she gave me to thank her for helping her. Came home to teach L, an adult piano student and had tea and laughs and piano.

Then to Frank's Finer Diner to meet with R., a radio host. Before he got there, the owner of Frank's came and asked me if I liked cheesecake. "Of course I do." "Here, have a piece of our new cheesecake. Eat it now, before your dinner as life is uncertain." I said, "You got that right." And so, I had a beautiful piece of cheesecake before my spinach salad and sweet potato fries. It seemed weird eating dessert first, but hey -- it's Tuesday in Superior City -- why not? And it was free.

Had a nap this afternoon, rested up my eyes and my knee. Then taught a myriad of students. Quite a word, myriad, isn't it? Now should I eat supper? Or just let the huge lunch I had carry me over?

A stained glass ornament for my window
A piece of delectable cheesecake
Yesterday I received a credit card statement with a $90.00 credit balance. You don't see THAT everyday!

Favour. Or should I spell it 'favor?" Which do you prefer? Personally I like the British way of reading and writing.

What's next? We're going to R & S's tonight to have some conversation and no doubt a snack or two. They are moving to Halifax so we are SAD. But isn't it great to know that we'll all be together someday?

No comments: