Wednesday 18 January 2012

The 'baby' from Grand Manan arrived, but not without a bit of stress and tension. After it was delivered into the house and the music room, where it would live, it decided to fall from its 'on its side position' (would this be 'transverse' birth?).

We caught the 'baby' as it descended towards the window, smashing against the shelves on the wall that housed my stereo and CDs. Everything came crashing down, and the piano continued its descent towards my treasured MAC computer sitting on a corner desk that Doug built me the day before the baby's arrival (had to make room in the nursery, as it's a rather large baby, probably postmature).

I somehow managed to get the computer shut down while holding the piano. My friend was busy holding up his end, and we managed to get it upright again. A baby grand upright again...hmmm. We took a breather before starting again and analyzed the situation.

I took the computer out in the kitchen and began cleaning up the mess of CDs, shelves, stereo and speakers. We couldn't believe that this had happened. After that there were problems getting one leg on the baby and it snapped off. So we used a dolly for leverage and I helped the 'doctor' secure the leg. Was I a midwife? I think so.

Finally, after much stress, the baby was born and put into place in the corner, with the obstetrician crawling out from underneath this massive baby. We were both relieved that it was finally born into this house. The piano is absolutely beautiful and I feel like I'm in heaven when I play it. Now I'm deciding whether I'm its foster parent or adoptive parent. And is it a boy or a girl? Time will tell. It's mine 'indefinitely,' the doctor said -- to decide whether I'd like to raise this 'baby' or not and pay the delivery fee. So for now, I'm a foster parent of a baby grand.

All is well, but the stereo is kaput. Sometimes you have to sacrifice something for something else of greater value. Right? Thanks Doctor, for all your hard work. The baby is here. Come see or it or send shower gifts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should name it..."Baby Grand Manan"??? or "Topsey Turvey"??


S.S.Sis

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another one of your adventures. :) Glad you are able to enjoy it now. Look forward to seeing it next time I am there.

Krista