Monday 23 January 2012

Names

For 16 years now I've been singing and playing the guitar in a band named "Sisters Act." Little did we know we'd be together this many years. How could women sing together so long and still be friends? We played at Maugerville Baptist Church, a little church just outside the city. A benefit concert for a family that lost their home in a fire just this week.

Anyway, I was gettin' into the music you know, and during a break in the evening, a woman came up to me to tell me she enjoyed our music, and said that my name is "Guitarzan." Never been called that before. A 'Tarzan' type guitar player? Was I swinging from a tree yelling? Or what? Then the pastor called us up to the stage again, and referred to me as "Stomp." What? Weird but true. I laughed and stomped up and continued stomping a bit through the songs that warranted stomping.

I kinda like my new names.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could've been there. Was thinking about it, but it didn't work out. Oh well, looking forward to hearing Sister's Act at the Women's Retreat. :) And of course looking forward to seeing you there and hearing you speak. I know God will speak through you. Carrie is going to be there and so is my mom. :) I don't think Carrie has ever really heard you speak before, or heard Sister's Act, so I know she's in for a treat and a blessed weekend! :) Only 10 more days, woo hoo!

Krista