Tuesday 10 January 2012

Had a great weekend at Greenhill Lake Camp with a few friends. A whole weekend just to eat together, talk, pray, share stories, study, play games, activities, and even do a 45 minute walking video where some of us walked 3 miles. Quite a work-out, for sure. it was a Winter Wonderland, with the snow softly falling as we lounged on couches in front of a fake fireplace (a very elegant fake fireplace, by the way). Now that I think about it, we were having a spa weekend in all ways -- physically, emotionally and spiritually. I think I'll plan one of these at least once a year -- want to come? Just let me know and I'll put you on the invite list!

I started teaching music again yesterday -- all the precious students are back for their piano and guitar lessons. Wasn't too hard to get back into the swing of things, but I'm a bit weary tonight. I also started back on the radio today, and went to the gym to work out for an hour. My resolution? One of them? To be fit. I remember in my 49th year how I was going to be 'Fit at 50', then found out I had cancer. That year was shot. So, it was 51 -- I was recuperating, and now I'm 52, going on 53. Reminds me of a song, except it's 'You are 16 going on 17.' Those days are long gone. Anyway, I must not give up -- I am fit, and feel great and love exercising and feeling the burn as you push yourself a little harder. I always gauge everything now by this standard: I survived cancer, so I can survive life; I can exercise; I won't get discouraged, I will go on. You know what I mean?

The more you exercise the more you want to be healthy, and you tend to watch what you're putting in your mouth (like the turtle I consumed today; not a real one, mind you). Exercise makes you feel good. Do it, Deborah -- lose 20 lbs -- you can do it.

No comments: