Saturday 28 January 2012

Haven't written much lately. By the time I sit down in the chair, I'm too tired to write all the things that happen in my life. It's all good, though. The past week has been interesting: Taking a friend to the hospital for an appointment, fighting with her wheelchair wheel popped off in the middle of the parking lot, running into things because the wheelchair was due for the scrapyard, thinking I would write a letter to the editor about my experience, finally getting my friend up to her appointment, and then sitting in with her while she got an injection in her wrist. How far I have come, I thought. From a little girl who was afraid of the word "blood," to sitting and praying with my friend while she endured such pain. She's better now, and came to our house on Thursday night and told her story.

Thursday night there were so many people in our house that the living room walls seemed like they were swelling. Time for an addition, perhaps? And a special visitor -- Randy and Sandra's dog, Taylor, a german-shepherd-type dog. Max kept thinking she was a reindeer each time she walked by. To date at the Thursday night Bible study, we've had a shaved cat with hip dysplasia, Robin's dog, Sandra's dog. What's next? I said perhaps a goat would arrive next week. We probably should be having our meetings in a barn.

Friday I had big plans to do paperwork but after a visit with Mom in the morning and lunch, I decided to stay in the chair the rest of the day. Doug came home and we then had a "Heartland" marathon until it was time for bed. What better thing to do on a snowy winter day than watch green grass and horses?

This morning Doug got up early and scraped for about 15 minutes, then took off with the 4WD for Jon's sugar bush up near Centreville. I was supposed to go, too, but couldn't seem to make my body do it. So Afton called me and cheerfully asked, "Where are you?" and went on and on in her cute almost-7-year-old voice about Daddy getting stuck with his truck, etc. Made me want to go see them. Alicia said they were disappointed I wasn't coming. So, perhaps I am going to the sugarbush. I talked to Doug about an hour ago and they were still trying to get equipment up the icy road. They are trying to erect a new 'sugar shack' so we have more warmth while sugaring. I'll see how the roads are, or perhaps venture out and either venture up or venture back home. I think I need an adventure -- been in this house too much this week, I think.

Now for some French toast. Made myself some French Toast coffee in the Keurig this morning and got a brilliant idea (is it brilliant?) to make some real French toast in a cast iron frying pan. Yum. Now if I can find some maple syrup. Sugar shack here I come????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, did you go to the Sugar Shack?

Krista

Anonymous said...

Looks like you need to somehow block a spammer...