Tuesday 7 February 2012

We had a wonderful, jam packed weekend at Greenhill Lake Camp. A women's retreat with a couple of men thrown in their for good measure (one of them being my trusty soundman husband, Doug). Theme was The Amazing gRACE, and that it was....grace and the race of life. Sisters Act led the music and we were, might I say, wild? Me, too -- I was wild and relaxed. The women had a great time -- lots of laughter, competition, and a few tears of healing. I had planned quite a few skits to go along with my talks, and the actors were amazing -- thanks to Max, Kim P.F., Marilyn, Dawn, and Carolyn. Hilarity reigned as we acted our little hearts out. Someone asked Max if we all took acting lessons! Broadway here we come! Or perhaps Hollywood?

An amazing weekend of communion with one another and the presence of God covering us like a rainbow.

This morning's reading was based on Phil 4:6-7, about not worrying about anything, but praying about everything...
David Jeremiah says, "If you are worried today, the question is not, What will happen? but,What do I believe? Worry is practical atheism. Faith says, "I believe."

A good way to start the day -- "I believe."

Opposition to divine sovereignty is essentially atheism. C. H. Spurgeon
Point taken....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo glad I was part of this weekend. :) Healing indeed. Yes, I know I have a lot to work on, but this weekend was definitely a start of that healing.
And I needed to read that about worry, good reminder, thanks.

Krista