Monday 4 June 2012

The Weekend

How many times do I write posts that say, "The Weekend?" A lot, I know. We certainly do travel a lot on 'the weekends.' This past weekend was a whirlwind once again. Friday afternoon we headed to Minto, Chipman, Harcourt and finally arrived in Historic Rexton at Victory Baptist Church, where we set up the sound equipment, and joined our friends who were traveling in separate cars: Marilyn, Janette, Doris, Robin, Amy, Julie R. Max came on Saturday morning. We stayed at a lovely place on a river, complete with cottage and sunset extraordinare. El Douane (sp?) was the name of the place. Doug and I stayed in our RV next to the cottage, and we had many laughs inside that cottage with the girls, I'll tell you. Saturday was spent inside the church with about 45 women, as I taught my seminar, "Sow the Seed," and we led worship, and prayer and even skits (of course; again much laughter was had by all). There were many local women singing and sharing their talents as well. A great day. We even recorded a new song by Amy, "You're Beautiful." Watch for it on YouTube and out on CD in the fall/winter. Seriously. We all said good-bye to each other and went our separate ways. We traveled once again over hill and dale until we came to Minto. Then to Ripples, French Lake, Douglas Harbour and Scotchtown, where we drove down a long country lane to the famous Grand Lake, parking our RV right by the water. At R & F Hunter's property, where F was celebrating her 60th birthday. A campfire was already underway when we arrived. Of course, we can't slip into any place quietly with the 'big rig' (as Ivy likes to call it). And we gave many tours (If we had a dollar for every time we give tours of this rig, honestly)... I got my guitar out once again, even though I had played a long time that day, and I led campfire music. It was so beautiful outside, with the moon on the water and the sounds of music floating in the atmosphere. Neighbours told us the next morning they heard us -- not sure whether they appreciated it or not! Oh well. Then R started the fireworks -- WOW and KAPOW -- better than Canada Day celebrations in Fredericton (almost). A great night. We sat around the campfire til well after 1 a.m. In the morning we had a great breakfast and time on the deck. And off again by noon to put the RV in the driveway and pick up our other mini-RV -- the CRV. Granny and Jed joined us and we drove up to Bristol, to Camp Shiktehawk, where they were having 'Shiktehawk Sunday.' Stayed there til late evening. Tired when we got home? A little. I didn't get up today til 9:50....But I feel relatively good right now. Still haven't had my supper, since I taught til 8 pm. Oh my, I need some downtime. Good night.

No comments: