Saturday 13 November 2010

What Doing?

What doing? You may ask of me. Well, let's see. In the past few days, I have taught a whole whack of students, gone to Southhampton (wherever that is, north of here) with Max on Thursday night to a Ladies' Night Out, where I spoke on LAUGHTER and we laughed let me tell you. Doug was out in the car with the windows rolled up, having a nap, when all of a sudden he awoke with a clatter....No, wrong song. He awoke with a start from hearing all the women INSIDE the church laughing so hard. It was probably the Ken and Edna joke I was telling. Anyway, the benefits of laughter, plus a few inside stories of the past year of treatment (only for women, of course, sorry guys).

Friday morning I had a pedicure and had an awesome time with my pedicurist and now we are friends. She even sold me her decorative shelf, we bonded so well. Now to have my trusty husband put it up for me. Friday afternoon we took a trip up to Bristol to see the grandkids. Took Doug's sister Joy, and his mom with us. Very nice visit with the chilluns, and the chillun to be in a couple of weeks. Alicia is getting ready to go, and then there will be four!

Today I went to Charity White's wedding. Janet & Duane White's daughter. Keswick Church for the wedding -- a bit of a tearjerker when Charity tried to sing a song to her father, now in heaven. She so wanted her daddy to give her away. Perhaps he was watching from heaven. I came home to work on my sermon for tomorrow morning. I'm at the Church of the Nazarene on Brookside Drive, and some girlfriends are coming to help me sing. After an hour of work on that, I drove to New Maryland to the reception, where we were served a lovely meal, catered by Edwina's, an awesome caterer here in Fredericton. Was nice to catch up with some friends there, and after the dance started I decided to hightail it for home because my sermon is not done. And here I am writing my blog. But it's important to me to update you on my life for some reason. I don't know why, but if you're still reading, I'll still write.

During the reception, Charity was crying about her father not being there, which got me crying, too (and a whole lot of other people). I said, "stupid cancer" out loud. It takes so many people. Makes me kind of mad. Perhaps it does you, too. BUT GOD is able to bring good out of bad, and that's how I'm looking at it; how I CHOOSE to look at it, even though it makes me mad. I KNOW God raised me from the dead and is allowing me to LIVE - for a reason -- to give Him honor and thanks and to tell people there IS a God, and He IS real, and HE IS there for you -- in ALL Things.

There, now I must go work on my sermon about Acts 12 and God and His 'A' Team (angel team). Read it and you'll know what I mean.

Toodle-oo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading, please write.

Love, S.S. Sis

Linda said...

I'm still reading, too, !Deb ... sooo thankful for the blessing of His Life, His Breath, His Spirit within !you. Amen and Amen! oxo :')

Anonymous said...

I still read.
Poor Charity. :( I can't imagine how hard that must have been.

Krista