Tuesday 19 July 2011

Home again home again jiggety jig. We arrived home on Sunday at 3 pm. Boo hoo. To a hot and humid town. Living part in the RV, part in the house. Don't know where I'm sleepin' tonight -- depends on how hot it is in the house. Although now the air conditioner is working in the RV, so may sleep out there.

Just feel like I'm biding my time til I can take off again to my summer home -- Century Farm and St. Martins. Granny feels the same. Missing our Scrabble tourneys and walks on the beach and Huttges grocer, and Byard going by on his golf cart, and seeing Linda's smile every day.

I was sitting in the RV yesterday morning thinking that I don't leave my cottage -- it comes with us! Everywhere I go I'm on vacation. Thank you, Doug, for building this 'house' on the road.

Today I spent most of the day listening and talking to people -- mostly listening. Here in the yard, under the pines, and in the cool dark kitchen. Strawberries and freshly picked raspberries, a walk with hubby around the streets, and now I'm ready to find a place to lie down and rest again. Tomorrow is a jam packed day -- eyebrows done in Kingsley, a trip to the beautiful village of Harvey and who knows what else. Have CRV must travel. Have RV must travel.

Doug said tonight that he would just like to 'walk' away and leave everything and just 'wander off.' I said we could if we wanted to. I guess we're just a couple of hippie nomads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't go too far!!

Granny