Sunday 17 July 2011

Should I Go or Should I Stay?

For the past two days, we have been dry camping by the apple tree. We were scheduled to leave on Friday morning, like Jed & Granny, but I just couldn't bring myself to go back to Heat City. So, out to the apple tree, with a fantastic view of the ocean, just no services other than what we have on board on this ship.

It's the start of Old Home Week here in the Village of St. Martins. Yesterday was a community yard sale -- the whole village. We did a drive-by of the vendors, looking for Woody's. I have a collection of Toy Story Woody's. For the stuff I do with kids. But alas, no Woody to be found. Eh, Nat? I know YOU have a Woody out there in The Pas. I've met him -- a very nice guy, he is.

We met Jon & Alicia at the Four Corners in Sussex and retrieved two young children -- Jack and Ivy, who came with us to St. Martins. Jack says he LOVES St. Martins. Can I blame him? We had a great time here by the apple tree. At 6:30, up at the hall, we sang Christmas carols and then who did appear but Santa Claus and his wife, Mrs. Claus, with presents and candy for all the children. Jack and Ivy were mesmerized and when their names were called, they went up and hugged them. I took some pics. Will I get them downloaded? Who knows. Too busy.

We had a campfire of all campfires last night and let Jack stay up til 11:30 (don't tell Jon & Alicia). He loved it. We had a great sleep together in the RV, and Papa cooked bacon on the barbie this morning, and I made my famous eggs (Jack loves my eggs, probably because I make such a big time about them so he'll eat them).

Then Papa took them to the beach and they flew a kite (one of Jack's presents). Ivy flew it a bit, too, but mainly put rocks in her boots for fun. Oh, the joys of being a child.
here
It is too nice here to leave. Should I go or should I stay? Those are the lines in a song I believe. Being here is like living in a song.

We're going to take the kids and meet their parents somewhere and have a picnic on the road, perhaps at Eagle Rock. OR stay here. If not, I'll be back real soon. Y'all come back now, ya here? is probably what Linda and Byard are sayin' about now.

Thanks for everything -- until we meet again (isn't that a song?)

Sad in St. Martins

No comments: