Wednesday 6 July 2011

Mellow in St. Martins

I have been in St. Martins since last Thursday. Oh, what a life it is here. Quiet, calm, serene, the ocean calling to me constantly -- "Look at me, look at me!" So I do. Sometimes I walk by the ocean, too, or walk right IN the ocean -- like today, when D and took a walk in the water. Alas, I came upon a huge rock or cement buttment, don't know which, and BANG! my leg and blood poured. Such a nice feeling it was. The only consolation was the salt water that healed the wound. D also hit her foot. Granny gave me some 100-year-old first aid cream (it looked that old) to doctor my wound. I'm sure there will be a bruise tomorrow.

Had a great weekend with the family here, camped out on the lawn. Jon, Alicia, Afton, Jack & Ivy tented, Aaron tented, and the Southshore Sister stayed in our RV on the couch. Granny & Jed have their own site with their trailer. Lots of good food, eating together, walking and biking with the children. Campfires for hours -- what could be nicer? The only thing nicer would be to have Nat, Josh, Aiden and Sarah here == that would make it all complete. Come home again, Nat???

It's taking me a week just to recover from the past month. I'm not doing nothin' (excuse my grammar), other than biking, walking, eating, word finds, and Scrabble with Granny and Southshore Sister (who is now in Perth). I won the last two games of Scrabble, for the record.

Doris came down overnight and for this day. She went fishin' with Jed, and they hooked a few fish -- enough for supper. I had some fiddles in the freezer and we had quite a Maritime meal. Doris just left, and I am waiting for Nurse Cherry to arrive for overnight. A regular bed and breakfast here in Century Farm. Thank you, Byard and Linda, once again, for providing such a great place to camp and RV. Come on down if you need a vacation -- bring your tent or your RV!

Well, must go get on my bike.

PS: did my first Cryptoquote yesterday and finished it. Quite proud of myself. THIS is how mellow I am. Like Mary, a friend of mine who also loves St. Martins used to say, "I'm as mellow as a puddle."

PSS: Els, Granny is painting a picture of one of your tree photos; very nice...Wish I could take pictures like you.

PSSS: Els and Ann -- make sure you practice your piano.

PSSSS: Helen -- say hello to everyone at Morning Gate church, OK?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. I haven't quite got up the courage to take my boys camping, though. I don't think they would sleep very well. Josh & Caleb are quite attached to their cribs, though I am hoping Josh will be ready for his big boy bed soon.

Miss you,
Krista

HollyMartha said...

Isn't there a 4th grandbaby that belongs in your blog too...? :o)

Anonymous said...

I was wondering the same thing as Holly, is Croy there as well?