Monday 26 March 2012

In the Saddle Again

Just got back from an amazing weekend at Camp Tulakadik with a bunch of amazing women. The ministry team was with me. Cheryl spoke on her journey on Saturday morning and how God is leading her to Guatemala. Angie shared a page from her life and inspired us all. I spoke on "The Pages of Your Life' all weekend. We laughed, we cried, we sang, we shared the chapters of our lives and our dreams. One question I asked was, "If I had a magic wand, I would...." A lot of writing and sharing going on.

Yesterday morning while waxing eloquent and sharing my heart, I said this statement, "I think I was born to ride a horse." Everyone laughed of course, because I'm always going on about the Heartland show on CBC (we watched every episode this winter in all six seasons). And how I want my own Heartland ranch.

Well, after the retreat was finished and the traveling van was packed, we headed first to St. Martins to meet with someone, and then backtracked through hill and dale until we reached Snider Mountain -- to Circle Square Ranch -- where Marc and Manon live now (friends of ours from Fredericton). We had a meal with them, and then Manon gave me her Bogs boots and out we went in the dusk, with the snow gently falling. A tour of the ranch. I've been there a few times before, and had spoken and sang there 2003 I think, but I had forgotten what it looked like. As I walked through the property, I thought I was on the Heartland TV show and had to pinch myself a couple of times. It was so ethereal.

To the barn we walked, and looked out into the outdoor paddock -- 17 beautiful horses standing there waiting for us. Bucky was summoned and a white horse followed as well into the barn. We selected Bucky to brush down. Cousin Els, you would be proud of me -- my dream of being a horsewoman was coming true. And to think I said it that very morning!

Manon taught me how to brush Bucky with three different brushes, saddle him up, and we walked him outside and then to a gigantic indoor arena, where Deborah Susan MacDonald got to ride Bucky around the arena. Me and Bucky -- guiding him with the reins, left and right, a beautiful symphony. I couldn't believe it. This is how God works. We have a desire and He loves to give us these little gifts, treasures to cherish. I hope that the girls from Camp T can read this and rejoice with me....Dreams do come true!

No comments: