Monday 19 March 2012

The weekend was jam packed. Saturday morning found us in Centreville at the community school, watching Afton, seven years of age, in a chess tournament. Yes, you read correctly -- Grades 1-5 tournament. She is in grade one and WON the grade one level! I will post a pic when I figure out my new camera. Congratulations, Afton!

Saturday afternoon was spent at the sugar bush around the boiling vat, collecting sap, eating and celebrating Ivy's 4th birthday. Hard to imagine that Ivy and Aiden are four years old! Aiden's birthday is next week.

Saturday evening I was so tired I could hardly put one foot in front of the other, and fell into bed about 11 pm. LOL

Sunday morning we went to church with J & A and I practiced dancing during Junior Church. Alicia is teaching kids (and whoever else) to dance to "Dance Your Shoes Off." It is a song used last Easter in a Houston flash mob. Very exciting to be dancing with elementary kids. If we go to Florenceville-Bristol for Easter, I'll be dancing with them.

Sunday afternoon it was out to Camp Shiktehawk for family fun day. I spent the afternoon on a park bench talking with a friend in the sun. D., you will be surprised how tanned I am when you get back from Florida -- I've had so much outdoor activity this month...

Before we headed home, we decided to go to the sugar bush again to collect sap. I tramped through the woods -- what a workout! My jeans were sopping wet, but I didn't care -- to collect that precious sap... and it was so hot in the forest, due to the extreme heat wave we are under. So it really was an aerobic workout. Jack and Afton, Jon and Alicia and I collected near a hundred cans of sap and emptied them in Jon's traveling sled barrel apparatus.

Today it was 11 degrees, and tomorrow we expect a high of 23, and same for Wednesday. Spring has truly sprung! Hallelujah!

No comments: