Friday 30 March 2012

I've been recovering from the weekend all week. And now I'm not recovered from the week of activity! I need a rest -- is it the weekend? Good!

Yesterday was certainly a full day. Went to my family doctor in oncology, Dr. Broad, for a six month check-up. She is very thorough in her check-up, and then sent me for a chest x-ray, since I've had four colds this season. Just to make sure.

To Costco to buy a few things. Haven't been there since January. Still not decided whether I'll continue my membership or not. Is it really worth it? For coffee and pecans and laundry detergent?

Then to Prestige Homes to join up with Granny (my mother) and Doug -- to buy a house -- well, to order a house -- a garden house that we think we are going to plant beside our garden house here on Claremont Drive. Two garden houses, side by side -- to help Mom with the care of Dad. Will be good to have them close by.

Since I love the Heartland show on CBC, and my desire to have my own Heartland, for now, I have deemed 105 Claremont as a Heartland. A bunch of people join together on Thursday at suppertime to eat together, and more show up later and we share our stories with one another, read some Bible, discuss and pray for one another. Some go home very late, and some decide to stay overnight at this Heartland 'ranch.' Why, last night, we had three house visitors -- two in the beds and one on the couch. Me and Papa shared our own bed. LOL

This morning we had a hearty Heartland breakfast and I tried to do my radio show, but having technical difficulties. Women began to stream in to the ranch again and we had more food, then discussion for the remainder of the morning. Cousin Els receives a piano lesson at the end of the morning, while they others eat more food and prepare for lunch. Mrs. Hviggins (Beth) (remember her?) went upstairs to work in the office and Mallory (Verna) prepared lunch for us. Then a walk with Cheryl down the walking trail, before she took off for Sussex, on yet another adventure.

Mallory is reading 'Sisters of the Confederacy" by Lauraine Snelling on the couch, all wrapped up in Granny's quilt. She's waiting to go for coffee with her daughter. I'm waiting for my prince to come home (Master Doug, as Mallory calls him). We'll be off on another adventure -- perhaps to record an e-book over town. Yes, believe it or not.

Then tomorrow, a trip to the sugar bush, and on Sunday to Hope Cafe where we are part of a panel. Haven't a clue what it's about. Should be fun. Then a trip to Circle Square Ranch perhaps. Another horse ride on Bucky, I hope?

That's enough for now. Prince, come home!

No comments: