Monday 12 April 2010

Alligators & Vacuum Cleaners

Today on my radio show I announced that "on this day in 1990, an 8 ft. alligator walked in to a department store in Florida and attacked a vacuum cleaner. So, if you're spring cleaning today, watch out for alligators."

I decided not to spring clean today, just in case.

Full day -- physiotherapy on my back/neck; radio; a brisk walk around my favorite place -- Killarney Lake; groceries; visit with Jed & Granny. Then I became Murphy Brown, and my new secretary, Beth, arrived. She worked on entering emails and addresses into my contact list and started a task list for me, with alarms. I'm sure I'll have alarms going off everywhere, considering the number of things I need to get done. It's good to have her here, and I'm still pondering that I have a secretary.

Tonight was teaching guitar and piano, with a little drum solo from yours truly thrown in for good measure, along with playing with an exercise ball as I attempt to heal my carpal tunnel. Since I can't seem to get an OT assessment or plastic surgery appointment (it's been two months and nothing is happening), I will become my own physician. Any suggestions out there for carpal tunnel?

Remind me sometime to tell you about when I got stuck in a mastectomy-type bathing suit in the Lawton's Drug Store dressing room. Well, it was just last Friday. I almost had to call in a rescue team to get me out of it. Well, I guess I just told you, didn't I? Fun and games with this new reality.

Watch out for alligators.

No comments: