Friday 16 April 2010

Is this the same day?

Did my radio show and showed my excitement, I'm sure, about going to Bahamas in a few days. Had Bible study in the living room. I'm teaching the Book of Romans -- 3 weeks now on Romans 1. There are 16 chapters. Wonder what year we'll get done? It's great to discuss the Word and learn from one another as we 'deliberate.' Then I taught piano to the BEADY Bunch in the music room. A quick sandwich, and a trip over town to Blue Cross, then to the bank for more American money. Isn't it great that it's at par? Picked up small travel items for the carry-on bag, a hair cut at the Mop Top Hair Shop, and headed towards Avalon for a pedicure. However, nature had its way, and I had to turn around and go home, cancelling the pedicure. I had stood in front of the Imodium counter at the Superstore deliberating whether I needed to buy any for my trip and thought, "I won't need that," and left without it. And then a few minutes later.... you can guess. Time was running out and I needed to go to Lawton's Drug to see if I could get caught in a mastectomy bathing suit again like last week. But I had to have a considerable rest in the chair to see if I was 'safe' to go. After having a sleep and time passing, I decided I was OK to 'travel' and risked a trip to the drugstore. I made it in, threw on the blue suit, and $120. later (hope it's covered on my taxes!) sped up the road. Home base. SAFE. Thank you, God!

The First Love girls came over for practice and we sang our little hearts out. I had to wear Doug's glasses to see the piano, because I thought Els had taken them home. She wore them this morning. They're getting to be community glasses here at the Soul Cafe -- Max wore them last night. Erin found them later, Els...not to worry. I really don't like wearing Doug's glasses and he's always making me put them on (because I can never find them).

First Love is singing tomorrow night at Morning Gate Church for a fundraiser. If you're reading this -- please come... 7:00 pm at Morning Gate Church, Morning Gate Drive. Twila Estey, Rollie Waddingham, Dawn Marie Allaby, Carolyn Williams, Julie McLean, First Love, and others.... You'll love it!

Tomorrow is a packing day -- my spare bedroom has exploded. If I can wade through it to put everything in a suitcase, it will be a miracle. And find my notes and get organized. Getting ready for a vacation is tiring!

On a serious note -- Jalene is in hospital in Portland awaiting the birth of HOPE. She is amazed at the care she's being given and how much everyone LOVES this baby already. She has the BEST of care. Now we will all pray that God works a miracle and that HOPE is a miracle child. That her heart will be normal and that she will live a normal life. And we will glorify and praise God for His healing of this precious child. Continue to hold them up in prayer -- Jalene & Stefan & Hope Ruth Matthews (our dear friends from Campobello).

Pray also for Kelly Sutherland, a friend who is having a bit of a problem with her heart today...

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hey Mrs. Mac! Just here at MTA working on exam studying, and have been thinking of you lots and how I hope that we can get together sometime after your vacation! I'll be home on the 22d actually! I hope we can get together and catch up, I miss you, and I really do miss the piano, it is my summer project to get back to the keys and 'in tune' with the music in life! (that pun was accidental when I wrote it, but then I put the quotation marks because it was so relevant!)
Anyways, as I go back to the books, I wish you well on your trip and say hey to Doug and the family! Praying for you to have a good time, it is always deserved.
Hope to see you soon!
Maria