Sunday 4 April 2010

EASTER

Happy Easter everyone! I preached in Southhampton Church this morning on The REAL THING -- and drank Coca Cola from the pulpit -- never did that before...but I got my point across -- that Coke is not the real thing -- but Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection is the REAL THING...

After church we gathered for awhile to talk and bask in the sunshine outside the church, laughing all the way, and I finished my Coke. I had an extra one that I had given away to a guy in the service. Hope he enjoyed it...

Doug and I trekked some land on the river just south of the church as a possible place for our RV to moor once in awhile, and we made some inquiries on that from the neighbours (who happened to be at the service). Then we took off on an adventure -- through Southhampton, Northhampton and finally into Grafton, then Woodstock, my home town. To the Log Cabin Restaurant for lunch where we ordered breakfast. First time we ever did this -- go have breakfast for Easter dinner and to another town to boot. Started a conversation with an older woman at another booth and found out about her life. Mrs. Allain -- Aunt Marie -- you know her -- she said you were frequenting the same restaurant awhile back. We would have visited you, too, but ran out of time and couldn't remember where you live, so if you could tell me....next time...

Back down the other side of the river -- beautiful and into Meductic, past Sabian Cymbal Factory and into Temple, where my father and Pippin grew up. Tried to find the old homestead. I think we did, but it's grown up with bramble. I felt a sleep coming on, so succumbed to that and enjoyed it, too. Home to the couch for about 15 minutes when Doris called from Hawaii to talk. They have another 10 days or so to go before arriving in NB. They have gone to New Zealand, Fiji Islands and perhaps somewhere else that I can't remember, and now in Hawaii. They are truly enjoying their trip.

At 5 pm, we made our way back across the river to Rick and Carolyn's and had a wonderful dinner and conversation with Karl & Elaine, Matt & Chrissy, Rick & Carolyn. Did not solve all the problems of the world, however. That will come later (smile).

That's my update about today. It was great to tour the countryside and be with so many great people. Did I ever tell you I love people? Too bad we couldn't all live together...

Tomorrow morning I hope to finish my taxes and then we will go to Greenhill Lake Camp to have a family dinner with Jon & Alicia & kids. They are working there, building a bouldering cave for the camp. We were there on Good Friday afternoon as well. Had a great time playing Dora the Explorer with the kids. I guess I was Dora today on our exploration of the river valley. Now who would Doug be?

!Dora

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you were Dora that would make Doug Boots, her monkey. :)
Anyway, I think you should take a trip to Harvey Station sometime. ;)

Krista

Anonymous said...

"Dougora the Explorer" (I think)