Sunday 13 June 2010

Flowers and Oceans

It's hard to believe that I haven't written since Wednesday? Where DOES the time go? If I haven't written for awhile, you can be assured that I'm on the run. Except I ran to water, plants, flowers and oceans. Thursday found me at Davidson Lake, sleeping in a lawn chair on the dock in the afternoon. Friday found me there again, face down on the dock, sleeping again. Mom and Dad came up on Friday as well, and Dad fished for chub in the lake. I slept. Thanks, Doris, for the lake on which to sleep. I don't walk on water, I sleep on water.

After the sleep, I took off in the car to meet Doug and piled into the RV at Longs Creek and off we traveled to St Andrews By The Sea. And by-the-sea we were, with a rosebush hedge, ocean side. Saturday found us walking, walking and walking to Kingsbrae Gardens and the amazing flowers, plants, shrubs, trees, sculptures, alpacas and a fascination with three peacocks which kept us entertained and delighted with their plummage. Another walk down town to the library, a restaurant on the ocean, and a walk back. A campfire by the rose hedge and the stars above. What could be nicer? And lots of nice people to talk to. As usual, we gave many tours of the RV that Doug built (I call it the 'house that Jack built').

Left the campground today at 3 pm, after having coffee time with Uncle Kenny and Aunt Marilyn. Off to Longs Creek again to pick up my car. But first, another trip to Davidson Lake to have supper with Doris and Laurie again, and a cup of tea on the deck overlooking a calm lake. Thanks, D., once again for a time of respite.

Now to have some strawberries and prepare for tomorrow's adventure. It is summer, and we're on the road again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I couldn't keep up with you!!!! Enjoy the summer. Will try my best to get your picture to you, Blessings, Mom, Colleen