Monday 7 June 2010

The Weekend

The Weekend. Quite a thing, isn't it? And we seem to be able to pack quite a bit into a weekend. Started with Friday's morning study here at the house with the BEADY Bunch PLUS. Teaching Romans 3. It was so difficult I didn't even understand it, and I was trying to teach it! Hope they got something out of it. Then a beautiful gourmet brunch that the BEADY Bunch PLUS served up. Doris and I were then off to Saint John to Almira's hospital room, and made several trips to the van with her possessions, using a wheelchair to cart it out. Finally packed her into a wheelchair and took off to her home in Sussex, after a few stops for things she needed. She only had a few days' pass, and she's back in the hospital again tomorrow for more chemo starting on Wednesday.

Doris and I arrived back in Fredericton to Sandra & Randy's house to join Laurie, Doug, Linda and Michel awaiting us, and we all watched a slide show of R & S trip to Israel. Awesome pictures.

Saturday morning Doug served me coffee in bed and said, "I have a plan. Get up and we're taking the RV and going to Lansdowne (wherever that is; somewhere up near Florenceville). Jonathan is helping Stephen put on a roof. I'm going to help." So, all day in the pouring rain, Doug handed up roofing while the boys roofed. Congratulations, BTW, to Stephen & Becky on the birth of a new baby girl yesterday (Laney, a sister for Callia and Lily). I spent all day with babies and toddlers. Jay and Holly showed up with their new baby, Ruby, one month old. And of course, our grandchildren, Ivy, Jack and Afton.

That reminds me -- WE are going to be proud grandparents once again. It is now official and I have permission to post this on the blog: ALICIA is pregnant again, due the end of November. This will be baby #4. And NATALIE is pregnant again and due in late January, baby #2! So once again, the girls are pregnant together. They had Ivy and Aiden within 9 days of each other two years ago. They always wanted to be pregnant together and their wish came true again. Too bad they don't live closer to each other.

We are excited, and I can't believe that we will have 6 children by February 2011. And I'm so young! Well, some days I feel young.

Back to the weekend....After the roofing was completed and a great supper, we powered up the RV and headed down river again, this time taking Rte 105 (I think) towards Southhampton, where we parked in the Baptist Church parking lot overnight. I was due to lead worship and preach there in the morning at 9:30. The church people were surprised to come in the morning and see a big rig sitting there. You never know where the Nomad truck is going to show up. At 10:30, we hopped in the car (we had pulled it behind the rig), and went cross country to Temperance Vale, where I did the service over there. Always feel like a circuit preacher when we do these two churches, and I feel like I should be on a horse, but I'd never make it in half hour like we do with the car. After the service, back across country to the RV, and I prepared lunch before we pulled stakes and headed downriver to Fredericton again. Had a bit of a nap, and we were off again.

The evening was spent at St Margaret's Anglican Church, where I led worship with Linda, Max, Carolyn, Dawn, Phenny, and Sandra for a healing service. It was a beautiful time there. Then home finally for the night.

This morning I was up again early and after recording the radio show, I took off for Sheffield (NB, not England, but you never know). Arrived at 10 AM to Samaria House, where there were four 20-somethings (women) waiting for me to lead them in a Bible study. I never met them before today, and well, I fell in love with them. Samaria House is a place of refuge and healing for women with addictions. It is a very structured environment, and I was on the slot from 10-11. I fell in love with them immediately and taught them from Matthew 6:25-34, my favorite passage to teach from. Left with hugs all around, and assigned them a creative project for next week.

Lunch with Carolyn Landine, one of the Bobbsey Twins, and we solved the world's problems. A walk with Doris down to the river and back. Home to teach a music student. Back down to Doris & Laurie's for supper. Over to Mom & Dad's for a couple of hours. Now home again, jiggety jig. Doug is asleep on the couch, and I am blogging so I don't go to sleep.

Pray for Judy, one of our Bible study ladies, who was just diagnosed with breast cancer today. She had it 20 years ago. And Q's mother, who was diagnosed with lymphoma today. What is happening around us? And continue to pray for Almira.

And Jalene, as she continues to mourn for baby Hope. Hoping to go down to Campobello soon to see her.

Tomorrow takes me to Greenhill Lake Camp in the morning, where I will play the piano and sing for the seniors at their program and luncheon. Home to teach again, and meet with Sam in the evening, a student of mine that I am reconnecting with. Very excited about that.

A full life. Yesterday I preached twice about the same thing: LIFE == and seizing the day. Live each day to the fullest. Live IN the day. Live to serve others. Live to do the will of God for your life. And EXPECT the BEST, not the worst.

Enough said. Gearing down for beddy bye.... I remain, !DEB

No comments: