Wednesday 9 June 2010

Writing, Meetings and Gardening

Today was another full day. Sometimes I wonder: "Is this the same day?" This morning I got up at 7ish and went to my office, coffee in hand to write an article for the newspaper, River Region Reporter, first issue last Saturday, and I had an article in it. This morning I composed another article, and then recorded my radio show, took the article to the paper, came back to the house for things I forgot, and then to Marysville to M & C's house to meet with them and one of the Bobbsey twins, to network about what is happening in the city. After that meeting, Doris and I went to Currie's gardening centre and I bought some vegetable plants and seeds.

Then to Doug's mother's place to plant in the newly tilled garden that Doug tilled up last evening. It is so NICE to have a garden! I have never really had one in our 32 years of marriage. Doris and I worked hard, and she worked the most.

This evening, Doug and I did yard work at his mother's. I got on the rider mower for an hour and a half. We mow her lawn and the neighbour's, and share the work with the neighbour. It felt like freedom to sit on a rider mower. Haven't done that for years. Mowed around Jon & Natalie's trees. You see, years ago, we owned the neighbour's house -- it was the MacDonald homestead. But we had to give it up and sell it because of financial problems. So it was like being home again.

Now it is almost 8:00 pm and we are starved. Must go find somewhere to eat, because I'm a bit weary to cook.

No comments: