Tuesday 22 June 2010

Well, I'm a bit tired tonight after a very full day. After the radio show this morning, a visitor (O.) on my verandah. Beautiful day to have a conversation. A trip to the grocery store for a few items resulted in a much larger amount than I wanted to spend (why does that always happen?). Jed and Granny came up this afternoon to help me. You see, with my wrists, it's hard for me to do a lot of physical labour. Jed and Granny tackled the lawn together, and Gran made up the guest bed for the mystery guests next weekend. I vacuumed the house. Some things I CAN do. And even if I can't, many times I do them anyway, and just wince with the pain. But hey! I'm alive, thank God. And feeling full of energy. I will be glad, though, when my wrists are working right again and I can do whatever wherever whenever with them.

Now having said that, tonight Doug and I went up to his mother's place and I worked in the garden, while Doug mowed the lawn on the rider. Then I took over for about an hour. Round and round I go, a place to rest and think, upon this unusual mowing machine. The sky was a pattern of clouds and sun that would take one's breath away. I love mowing the lawn -- it makes me sit down for awhile to rest, think and pray. Another drive tonight, to DQ and finding streets we've never been on before. Fredericton is certainly growing. How far it has come since I was a little girl. Last night, Doug and I drove over town and looked at car dealerships. Looking for a Jeep -- a used one that we won't mind getting scratched up when we go off roading, like we used to when we were young. Good thing we like to drive. It seems to be all about driving with us.

I am thankful for being able to live and move. Are you?

No comments: