Wednesday 22 September 2010

Apples

D. picked me up this morning and we drove to Everett's Apple orchard, where we picked Macs off the ground in the Mac Block (that's what the attendant called it). Deb Mac picking Macs on the Mac Block. $3.50 for 10 lbs. Not bad. Now to eat them all.

Found out this morning that the women's retreat at Camp T next weekend has been cancelled. Too bad. I wanted to go there and spend the weekend with good friends. I miss them. Oh well. We'll go next March for the winter retreat.

Going to McAdam this Sunday for church service and a potluck meal after. 'Tis the season for potlucks. We're having one here at the Soul Cafe next Thursday night as well.

I developed a sore throat at the Blues Festival, so am feeling a bit under the weather, and the weather outside is warm and not frightful, so perhaps I'll take a Strepsil and go for a walk and see who I could meet for a chat. It's hard not to drive! But I have been many places due to the generosity of friends and Mr. Doug, my beautiful husband. Next week I'll be back to routine with a full teaching schedule (I think I'm at 24 students right now), small group studies here at home and going places here and there.

No comments: