Tuesday 14 September 2010

Still bandaged up

It's been a week since I've reported. Still bandaged up. Wrist still limited in what I can do. Typing with my left hand and one finger of my right hand. One more week with bandage, then stitches out on Sept 20th.

Doug & I took off in RV on w/e. Stayed in Wicklow/Clearview, up on the River St. John. Nestled in the birches with a water view. Crisp and cool. Saturday found us firing up the car and traveling up through Plaster Rock, Riley Brook (with a stop at Tobique Valley Campground to see if we want to RV there sometime), and up to Mount Carleton Provincial Park. Traveled through the park and around a beautiful lake, with a stop at the campground there as well. On to St. Quentin with a stop for lunch, then St. Leonard, and back down the highway. We were gone from our campsite for 5 hours. 350 kms. When we go for a drive, we go for a drive! Doug fired up the fire about 6 and we enjoyed chicken stew in front of the campfire. Just the two of us. Strange to be alone again, but nice.

Sunday found us traveling through the forest towards Juniper, and to Nashwaak Lake with Jon & Alicia & Stephen & Becky and their quiver of kids. A beautiful, untouched lake (so to speak), with shiny white sand laden with formica (or mica as we call it). The kids could wade way out and it wasn't soon before they had shed parts of their clothes and were free as birds in this remote territory. Cute! Jonathan pulled out his guitar, Alicia the violin, and we were serenaded and sang on the sand. A beautiful time.

Monday, Doris drove me to Saint John and we visited Almira in the Oncology Ward and David in the Cardiac care ward. Good visits and our prayers are with them as they go through this hard stuff.

I went to Dr T, my family doc last Friday for another blood pressure check, as it's been up this summer, although I have no idea why. 157/94! I was wired, I'll tell you. He said we'll have to watch it and gave me a booklet to keep track of it. A booklet!!! I want to say I REFUSE to have high blood pressure. Can I say that? Yesterday I got the nurse in Almira's room to check it for me: 135/89. Better, but I need normal. I'll pray about it. And exercise. And reduce salt. And live one moment at a time. I'll let you know. Must go get my morning coffee. I still feel like I'm on vacation because I can't do much with my hand, and it's hurting right now from all this typing. I wish the Southshore Sister was here. She could get me organized. I've got so much to do and will begin teaching music in a couple of weeks. I have a busy fall planned for speaking and music and am excited about that. Now to get my hands working NORMALLY so I can play and teach. Thanks for listening...

No comments: