Monday 20 September 2010

Stitches

Got my stitches out today. It hurt more than the surgery. Not sure if I told you that the carpal tunnel surgery experience was like a spa treatment. Told the surgeon that today (Dr. Menesi). He laughed and said, "that's nice to know." I still can't drive for another couple of weeks, so after Mom drove me home today, I went on another long walk down to Brookside Drive Tim Horton's to have a meeting, and didn't think I would make it there, and that somebody would find me on the side of the highway. Not a piece of ID on me, either. I really need to think about these things more.

Yesterday, Doug and I picked up Dawn Marie and drove to Minto Baptist Church, where we sang up a storm and I spoke up a storm. They probably wondered about us, but they accepted us as we 'is.' Ava, who is a faithful reader of this blog, and a breast cancer survivor gave me a lovely introduction. She truly is an inspiration to me. Thanks, Ava.

After yet another trip over to the Jazz & Blues Festival where I stood and talked with people (everywhere I go I know someone), we decided about 4:30 to take our new/used Nissan X-Terra 4WD and speed up to Woodstock -- Lindsay, exactly. To the Baptist church in Lindsay, where Jonathan was playing drums and where we met up with Alicia and the grandchildren. We didn't get enough driving in to Minto in the morning so thought we would go north. Came home late again.

Today I have a sore throat. Wonder why? Well, must go try and do dishes and finish my teaching schedule.

One of my favorite sayings is this: "Be who you is, 'cause if you is who you ain't, you ain't who you is."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?