Saturday 18 September 2010

Got the Blues?

I don't. Even though I have been at the Harvest Jazz & Blues Festival here in Freddytown since Thursday. Every day. Every evening. Even walked from home yesterday, since I can't drive yet due to my carpal surgery. I have SO enjoyed myself the past three days -- walking the streets of downtown Fredericton, over and over, enjoying the people, the beautiful weather and the talent that abounds. Took in a few workshops as well -- harmonica, pedal steel guitar, slide guitar. Had great food and saw many friends and acquaintances. Saw students, past and present. I started to think I lived downtown. Hated to come home tonight. Two things I learned -- people love music and people love community. Tomorrow morning we are headed to Minto Baptist. Picking up Dawn Marie in Maugerville on the way. She's going to sing with me and be the guitar player since I'm on the mend. I'll be glad to get my hands back! Must stop -- typing still hurts. Got the blues? I don't but I've been enjoying the blues. Perhaps I should start my own downtown blues band.

No comments: