Wednesday 29 September 2010

Is it hot or what?

Is this July? August? or almost October? I have new roses budding on my rosebush! And string beans hanging off the verandah posts!

I awoke after trying to sleep with a wheezing cough. Up in the night making a concoction of hot water, concentrated lemon juice and honey. Downed that in the dark so I wouldn't upset my REM sleep. To the spare room to bask in the heat and try to go to sleep. Woke up dizzy and nauseated and stayed that way, with sleep deprivation throughout the long teaching day. How many students you ask did I teach today? Let me count....10 and one didn't make it. Finished off the day with Katrina, a grade 12 student who drove herself here (I always feel old when the students drive to their lessons). Katrina and I tuned up our guitars and crooned Taylor Swift's 'Teardrops on My Guitar' and 'Tim McGraw.' One thing about Taylor Swift's tunes -- they are catchy and fun to sing. I have a feeling I'll be singin' a lot of Taylor's songs this year. Perhaps on my 'Taylor' guitar.

Doug and I went for a long talk/walk to catch up on the day. I value those times together. I am so hot that I wish I had a pool in the backyard. Perhaps I should go jump in Janet White #2's hot tub while she's sleeping. Just might help me get to sleep.

Oh, I bought another violin from W last night and played it all the way home on the street. A traveling minstrel, so to speak, although the sounds coming out of it weren't that pleasant, considering that I really don't know how to play the violin well (and I have two!). People ask me if I teach the violin -- "NO!" emphatic NO. I think I would pull my hair out if I had to teach it. I can hardly stand the noise and screeching of learning how to play it! Move over Natalie MacMaster. Deb Mac is on the highland trail with her fiddle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could take it on a musical tour!!!

Angie M.